ACI can help you save time, money, and energy with server virtualization. Though virtualized computing environments have been around for a long time (since the 1960s on mainframes), only in the past few years have advances in technology and reductions in costs unlocked this power and the associated benefits for small to mid-sized businesses.
Virtualization uses hardware with many of the same types of components as a standard server. The big difference is that there is a separation of hardware and operating system. This allows a centralized control program to manage resource allocation across multiple virtual machines each capable of hosting an independent operating system.There are many advantages to making the move from physical servers to virtualized servers including:
- Reduced hardware requirements and related costs.
- Decreased energy usage. Virtualization can reduce server hardware requirements by an average of 10 to 1.
- Centralized control and management simplifying maintenance and monitoring.
- Superior expansion capabilities since additional virtual machines can be added without the need for up-front hardware purchases.
- Improved disaster recovery with redundant drives and failover systems.
- Easy duplication of application environments.
- Increased portability and rapid data backups.
If you are ready to optimize your network infrastructure, contact us for a free consultation.